Saturday, March 28, 2009

The trek across Texas.....



My wife and I flew out to Louisiana to help move the first load of my parents worldly possession to Albuquerque, where they plan on moving to within the year. I don't know what possessed me to say yes to this adventure since it has just about drained every ounce of energy and happiness I had left. Driving a 26' Diesel truck 1,300 miles in two days is just plain rediculous.... having to unload the 1,400 cubic foot payload into a storage unit is plain painful.
Had the weather been more forgiving it might not look so bad... but our first night back in LA it rained 8 inches in a matter of hours..... seriously? That's like the average rainfall of New Mexico for the year. Then there were the 4 thousand lightening strikes across the state and 1" hail... wild I say!
We had planned a short northerly route through Texas but that has been thwarted due to a freakin' blizzard in March! So now we slowly plod through the barren wasteland of southern Texas... halfway between Mexico and hell.... or Junction,TX....
12 hours today... another 12 hours tomorrow.... tonight I sleep and dream of flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment